We are running Open Evenings throughout the season to which anyone interested in bowling and finding out more about the Club are very welcome to come along to. The first this year will be on Friday 10th May 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
In addition you are welcome to come along when U3A use our green on a Monday afternoon from 2pm to 4pm.(Not on Bank Holidays)
Members, U3A and visitors can enjoy a game of bowls and a cup of tea and biscuit at half time. Never played? We can show you how.
Anyone interested should contact our Secretary Sue Lemon on 01664 668317. We can provide bowls, but you will need trainers or flat soled shoes to wear on the green.
Dates for your Diary
· Friday 1st March: Signing on Night: at Stute. 7pm to 9pm. Raffle Prizes Please.
· Saturday 16th March: Tea Rota Meeting, 2pm at the Stute
· Wednesday 10th April: Cleaning Day: 9/9.30am start, everyone to give a hand.
· Saturday 13th April: Green Opening see Notice Board: First Ladies Game 16th April.
· Saturday 11th May Round Robin see Notice Board
· Friday 24 May Supper Night and Chummy. Raffle Prizes Please.
· Saturday June 15th Asfordby Fete & Cake Stall. Cakes please..
· Sunday 30th June. Open Day + Crazy Bowls and Buffet 2pm onwards. See Notice Board
· Saturday 6th July. President's Day: 2pm see Notice Board. Raffle Prizes Please.
· Friday 19th July Chummy and Fish n Chip Supper Night. See Notice Board for details. Raffle
· Saturday 10th August. Alex Whittaker Trophy. See Notice Board
· Sunday 11th August. Greenwood Cup. see Notice Board.
· Friday 23rd August. Quiz Night and supper. See Notice Board for details. Raffle Prizes Please.
· Tuesday 3rd Sept to Saturday 7th Sept: President's Tour.
· Every Monday 2pm to 4pm U3A and Chummy other than bank holidays.
· Every Friday 6.00pm weather permitting. Chummy.
· Friday 21st/28th June & July 5th/12th , Play Bowls follow up. 6pm to 8pm
· Friday 20th September: Presentation Night: at the Stute 7 for 7.30pm. Raffle Prizes Please.
· Friday 11th October: AGM at Melton & District IBC, Directors Room. 7.00pm.
We have a range of Fixtures arranged for the 2019 season which includes Men's, Ladies and Mixed Friendly games. These start in April and continue to the end of September.